Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Introducing Morgan Elizabeth Latta!

Here's Morgan's first official picture! This was done at our ultrasound with Dr. Gregory yesterday. The tech switched a few times to the 4D view during the ultrasound. This is one of those 4D shots when she was sucking her thumb. Right after this, she stretched and yawned-- it was so adorable! As you can clearly see, she has 5 little fingers on each hand. We were also able to see her profile picture on 4D and I'm pretty sure she has Brad's nose, which is fine because I think he has a nice nose! From the front, she's got that cute, little button baby nose. =) I can't wait til she arrives and I can kiss those little fingers and that button nose! We did get a video of the whole ultrasound, 4D shots included, and heartbeat recording. We're in the process of trying to figure out a way to upload it to the computer, so that we can either post it to the blog or send it out in email form. Just bare with us! If we can't figure out a way to do it, then I'll burn some copies to mail out for parents and grandparents.

The doctor said she's still doing great and is right on schedule in her development. She was so pleased with her progress and with my health that she's not having me come back for another 4 weeks. When I return, I'll start rotating through the other doctors in the group, so I can meet each one in case they're on call when I go into labor. I'll still be alternating those visits with visits to see her, so that she stays on top of my progress. We should start going every 2 weeks or so when we start going back next month, then we'll go every week as the due date approaches, so we should have a lot of reports to post then!

The nursery plans are moving right along. I think we've finally settled on a paint color and I'm getting together tomorrow with my friend, Denise, to finalize the bedding and curtain details, so she can get started on making everything. What a great friend she is! Hopefully, I'll be able to post a few pictures soon of the progress.

Baby shower plans are also underway. My 2 great friends, Lindsey and Lani, are planning the "friends and family" shower probably November 14th, so ladies, if you fall into this category, be watching for your invitation coming sometime next month! We'll also be having a "church and choir people" shower and a "law school buddies" shower, so that should cover everyone's categories. If you just have no clue which category you fall under, just shoot me an email or leave a comment and I'll be happy to let you know!

God has truly blessed us with this beautiful little life developing and we thank Him everyday! We are also extremely blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives. You are all such an important part in our lives and we appreciate your involvement, your kind words, and your prayers for our little one on the way! God bless you all and we'll keep you updated on Morgan's development!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...half way there. I'm so happy for you Steph. I know we sorta drifted apart but I hope you know that I still love you like a sister. I can't wait to meet little Morgan...and tell her about all the stories me and her mommy share!! Let me know about the shower. Congrats ya'll! Love, (Aunt!) Amanda

    ReplyDelete