Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Half-way Point!

Well, we finally made it to the half-way mark! This week marks our 20th week! We realize we've been slackers about keeping the blog updated, but not much as been going on for the time being, besides my ever-enlarging belly. I'm at that point now where I have to suck in and look down over my stomach to see my waist, which to someone like me who has always tried to eat healthy and keep trim, is a little disconcerting to my brain. My brain is thinking oh no! We've got to seriously lose some weight! So, I'm constantly having to remind myself that I am, indeed, pregnant and this is completely normal. Hopefully, the light bulb will come on soon and I'll move past the gotta-stay-in-shape phase. On the bright side, I am finally okay with wearing normal shirts that show the fullness of my tummy, so we're making progress!

As for Babyland, we did go back to Virginia College a couple of weeks ago to get a confirmation on the baby's gender. We actually got the teacher to check for us this time and sure enough, she said she felt it was definitely a girl (although they can't say for sure the baby's gender due to legal reasons). I would have updated pictures to post on here, but the baby refused to cooperate this go around! She did enjoy a nice workout of let's-play-punching-bag-with-mommy's-bladder though while we were there. It was quite funny! You could actually see her throwing little jabs with her fists and little kicks at the area where the teacher said my bladder is. She's just in training for beating up on Daddy when she arrives! =)

We've also started on the nursery this week. We picked out a pretty light peachy-pink color for the walls and will go ahead and get the room painted over the next few weeks. As for the bedding, one of our good friends from church has offered to make all of our bedding and accessories (curtains, pillows, etc.) for free for us! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends in our lives! We have 2 of the fabric prints picked out so far; a pretty light peachy-pink solid color that matches the paint we'll be using and a striped pattern that has that same peachy-pink color, white, and a darker salmon color in it. I'm wanting to add in a 3rd pattern with a white background (to tone down some of the pink in the room) with small peachy-pink flowers or flower buds on it to complete the ensemble. Whenever I find the last fabric, I'll post some pictures on here, so you all can get the general idea of what the nursery will look like.

We have our next appointment with Dr. Gregory on the 15th. We'll also be getting another ultrasound then AND a take-home DVD video of the baby that we can share with you! Then you all can see our little gymnast in action! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment