Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dancing Baby!

Today was our first ultrasound with Dr. Gregory, our OB. The baby has grown so much and is now about 2 inches long! He/she's still measuring about a week ahead of schedule and everything still looks healthy. We were also able to hear the heartbeat for the first time; a very fast, 170 bmp! Music to our ears!

Also a surprise today, while we were watching the ultrasound (which Brad got to watch on a flat screen tv!), the tech switched to 4d in the middle of it, so we got a great, realistic view of the baby! He/she was dancing around like crazy. I told Brad he (using "he" for simplicity) takes after me and is going to be dancing all the time!

In this ultrasound picture, you can see the baby's head on the right with closed eyes, nose, and we think the mouth. Then you see the tummy with one arm resting across it and one down by the side (the side closest to you). Last, the cute, little feet on the far left!

We LOVE getting to see our little one and can't wait for him/her to get here! My appointment with Dr. Gregory actually got messed up in scheduling, so they had to re-schedule me fore tomorrow, so just the ultrasound today. I'm sure I'll get a great review from her tomorrow as well though. We'll keep you all updated on the progress! Please keep the three of us in your prayers! Lots of love!

3 comments:

  1. So amazing to see them grow isn't it? Girls usually have fast heartbeats. girls usually 145-175 and boys 115-140...Both of my girls heartrate were always in the 160s. Sounds like a girl right now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually asked the doctor about that today and she said that's just an old wives' tale, that there's no scientific fact that proves that. She said, "So, you've got a 50/50 chance of having a girl!" Everything went well today at the doctor appointment and I got all kinds of free baby stuff like tote bags, samples, coupons, etc. I still have to look through it all to see what exactly they gave me, but I looked like a pack mule leaving there with all my bags! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the hearbeat thing has rung true for my two and all 4 of my sisters kids and Taras kids. Most doctors will tell you those are old wives tales though. =) I LOVE all the free samples and bags...though most of the bags aren't something you would want to carry. Wait till the formula companies and diaper companies get your name...there will ALWAYS be a coupon or sample in your box! Its great!

    ReplyDelete